On the road to the Gold Standard
SO back in august White Horse cleaning services was awarded silver in the Defence Employer recognition scheme, this is a great achievement, already held Bronze award but then we was able to show that we are doing that little bit more and meeting the criteria and expectation of the silver award!
What is ERS and what does it stand for you might be asking…. Well ……
The Defence Employer Recognition Scheme (ERS) encourages employers to support defence and inspire others to do the same. The scheme encompasses bronze, silver and gold awards for employer organisations that pledge, demonstrate or advocate support to defence and the armed forces community, and align their values with the Armed Forces Covenant.
What you have to achieve to be able to hold silver-
silver award holders:
- must have signed the Armed Forces Covenant
- the employer must have already stated their intent to be supportive by using the ERS website to register at the Bronze level
- the employer must proactively demonstrate that service personnel/armed forces community are not unfairly disadvantaged as part of their recruiting and selection processes
- employers should employ at least one individual from the AFC category that the nomination emphasises. For example, an employer nominated for support to the Reserves must employ at least one Reservist. In exceptional circumstances where there is outstanding generic support for the Armed Forces community and/or the size or business model of the organisation makes employment of such an individual impossible, the organisation can be considered for the award where they do not employ someone from the AFC category
- the employer must actively ensure that their workforce is aware of their positive policies towards defence people issues. For example, an employer nominated for support to the Reserves must have an internally publicised and positive HR policy on Reserves
- within the context of Reserves the employer must have demonstrated support to mobilisations or have a framework in place. They must demonstrate support to training by providing at least 5 days’ additional unpaid/paid leave (wherever possible not to Reservist employees’ financial disadvantage)
- the employer must not have been the subject of any negative PR or media activity
Well done to all the team that has helped us achieve such a thing and White Horse Cleaning Services will continue to Support our Armed forces and their family in every way possible!! #armedforces ~ERSsilver #cleaning #smallbusiness #spouses # makingadifference